Posted By : Threeland Travel / Travel Alert ( Top News )
Vietnamese visa is a kind of travel documents granted by Vietnamese competent authorities, providing permission to travel to and enter Vietnam. However not all people know the details about the necessary procedures to apply or extend your issued visa. Do not worry and let us explain to you all the information so that you can apply or extend your stay permit in Vietnam.
1. Visa application
If you come from one of the Nationalities that allowed an electronic visa (E-visa) which is issued to foreigners by Vietnamese Immigration Department via electronic system, and valid for maximum of 30 days, single entry, you can personally apply for E-visa or through the inviting/guaranteeing agencies and organizations. The fee will not be refunded if the application is refused.
If you personally apply for the visa on the system, you can follow the steps as below:
- Step 1: Fill out a quick application form online (you will need to know your arrival date and the name of the airport at which you will arrive)
- Step 2: Pay the visa servicing fee online
- Step 3: Within two business days, you will get an email with your official Vietnam visa Approval Letter issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department
- Step 4: Print the Approval Letter and prepare two (4cm x 6cm) photos of yourself according to noted requirements
- Step 5: Bring the printed Approval Letter, photos, and the government Stamping Fee (along with your passport and any other required documents) with you on your trip to Vietnam
- Step 6: When you arrive at your destination airport in Vietnam, show the Approval Letter and photos at the Immigration office
If you apply through the inviting/guaranteeing agencies and organizations, you just need send your passport copy, and other documents if required, to them to get your Visa Approval Letter issued. Then you will follow from above step 4 to complete the procedures.
Please note that the Immigration department temporarily stops issuing e-Visa for foreigners who are in or have recently visited areas where Covid-19 is spreading, and we have to wait for further notice upon the actual situation of Covid-19 not only in Vietnam but also in the world.
2. Visa extension or renewal
Visa extension is an action that is applied for foreigners who wish to prolong their current stay in Vietnam without leaving the country. By this action, you will get an extension stamp on your passport indicating your new stay duration. Meanwhile visa renewal almost the same as visa extension, but you will be granted a new visa sticker and stay duration stamp on your passport with the new duration permission. And therefore, the visa renewal fee is higher than the visa extension fee because you must pay stamping fee and visa sticker fee.
To extend/review Vietnam visa, your original passport must be valid for at least 06 months from the time of extension/renewal, and have at least 02 blank pages.
You can apply for a visa extension on your own directly at the Vietnam Immigration Department or apply through guaranteeing agencies and organizations.
However, in response to the ongoing Covid-19 situation, kindly refer to the latest update about visa extension from Vietnam Immigration office for your Vietnam Travel Packages:
- Foreigners who entered Vietnam on visa waivers, e-visas or tourist visas from March 1st, 2020 are entitled to automatic stay extension until March 31st, 2021 and can depart from Vietnam without having apply for stay extension.
For those who entered Vietnam before March 1st, 2020, the same automatic stay extension until March 31st, 2021 can be considered, subject to provision of proof that the person was stranded in Vietnam due to Covid-19, accompanied by a diplomatic Note (with Vietnamese translation) from relevant diplomatic missions, or a written document from relevant Vietnamese authorities confirming that the person was required to undergo mandatory quarantine or treatment for Covid-19, or advice of other force majeure. The person is required to present the diplomatic Note or written document on departure from Vietnam.
- During “automatic stay extension” period, foreigners are required to complete temporary residence and health status declaration.
- Foreigners who are not subject to Paragraph 1 or violate Vietnamese laws will be treated according to applicable laws of Vietnam.