There are many tour itineraries for a Mekong Delta cruise to fit your time and budget. In general, the cruise will take you to discover the vast maze of rivers and rice paddies found in the Mekong Delta on the culture-centric tours with a close-up look at small-village life along the river, particularly during your time spent at a local family’s homestead.
There is a plethora of things to experience in a Mekong Delta cruise, then you should spend at least 2 nights. Check this best-selling 3-day Mekong Delta Cruise with the local expert Threeland Travel:
- Day 1: SAIGON - CAIBE - MYTHUAN - SADEC
• The car of THREELAND will pick you up at hotel to leave Saigon for Cai Be floating market, where we will board on cruise. Enjoy a welcome drink then start cruising to Cai Thia while our lunch served on the boat.
• Afternoon we will leave the cruise for a cycling excursion along the riverbank thru gardens of tropical fruits, local houses and stop at the Caodai temple on the way to Mythuan.
• The cruise continues toward Sadec, a nice small town renown by the residence of Marguerite Duras, the writer of the famous Novel “The Lover“ (L’amant). Visit a lively Sadec food market and primary school where Marguerite’s mother used to be the headmistress. Walk along the village path and enjoy the peaceful landscape of Vietnam countryside with green fields, vegetable and fish farms. Back to our boat for a cruise downstream. Dinner and overnight on board.
- Day 2: CAITHIA - VINHLONG - TRAON
• Breakfast will be served when we enjoy the morning on Mekong river. Go on to Binh Hoa Phuoc island, where we will can go for a walk through the islet, trying some fresh tropical fruits, mingle with local people who are making handicraft.
• Later we will spend time at Cat Be floating market with river bustling life, where people trade on their local products. Continue to visit old houses, bright flower gardens and small family factories making coconut candy and rice paper.
• After lunch, our cruise will head to Co Chien river, an important part of the Mekong system. Stop in a remote area for a pleasant walk by small paths to local villages, farms and orchards. We will be back to the cruise quite late to enjoy the sunset and attend a nice dinner on board. Overnight on board while the cruise keeps on to Mang Thit river.
- Day 3: TRAON - CANTHO - SAIGON
• Mang Thit is a small river link between two giant branches of Mekong, Tien Giang and Hau Giang. Enjoy the morning life of Mekong people hereby before heading to Cai Rang, one of the biggest and most exciting floating markets on the Mekong. Hundreds of boats gather here in the early morning for selling and purchasing, meeting and mixing with each other, making the marketplace a hectic sight attached to the Mekong landscape picture.
• After the trip, we will disembark the cruise around 11am. Have lunch before transferring back to Saigon.
For more detail, please check here or contact Threeland Travel experts at email@example.com to get free support and tailor your extraordinary Mekong delta cruise trip.