Posted By : Threeland Travel / Luxury & Family Travel Tips
With magnificent landscape, fascinating culture and rich history, Vietnam is a wonderful destination that offers something for all kind of travelers.
When it comes to a wholesome family retreat vacation with kids, Vietnam is a paradise too. With a pool of diverse offers, from being as relaxed as a beach break to something more adventurous like a natural discovery, there is always somewhere in Vietnam that fits your family’s interest and expectation.
Read our article below to explore our hand-picked list of destinations that you can make the most of your time with your children.
1. Da Nang - one of the best destinations in Vietnam for family with kids
My Khe beach is among the most favorite and it made the history for the city as it was entitled “one of the most attractive beaches on the planet” by Forbes Magazine. Stretching for 10km from the base of Son Tra Peninsula to the Marble Mountains (Ngu Hanh Son), My Khe attacts families every year due to its central location (5km from city center), white sand and coconut-fringed beach, and clear warm water all year round.
Besides beautiful beaches, Da Nang is the home to the world-famous Ba Na Hills – the most significant resort and recreational center of Vietnam that is often referred to as ‘Vietnamese Disneyland.’ At the height of 1,487 m from the sea level, Ba Na Hills invites visitors to enjoy spectacular climate and otherworldly natural landscape. This is a must-see attraction for many families with kids visiting the city. You are guaranteed a super fun time with your kids in Ba Na Hills with numerous festivals, recreations, relaxation, and cuisine.
List of things to do with kids in Da Nang:
• A day visit to Ba Na Hills or Asia Park
• Beach break on My Khe beach
• Climb the Marble Mountains
• Explore Da Nang’s nature and biodiversity in Son Tra Peninsula
• Visit a chocolate and ice-cream workshop at Popkeo – a candy and chocolate brand that performs Spanish traditional techniques with Vietnamese finest ingredients.
2. Hoi An - another kid friendly destination with the renowned UNESCO heritage Hoi An Ancient Town.
No matter what ages you are, you will definitely fall for this beautiful old town with elegantly yellow winding streets. With rich history and culture blending in with the colorful and lively ambiance nowaways, Hoi An not only attracts visitors who want to trace back the past but there are also plenty of exciting things that can make the place a hit for kids too.
A short drive from the town center are some stretches of the beach that are relatively unspoiled by development, and the small waves make it a perfect and safe option for your family to soak up the sun during day time. When the night comes and the town is lanternlit, your family may just love to wander around the colorful town as it’s after dusk the best time you can feel the heavenly scenery of this UNESCO heritage.
Another suggestion is to join locals for lantern-making class. It could be a great evening activity for your family to spend quality time together learning about local arts and crafts while having so much fun making Vietnam’s most beautiful souvenir to bring back home.
List of things to do with kids in Hoi An:
• Participate in a lantern-making class
• Cycle around Hoi An Ancient Town and/or the rural areas where there are endless vegetation and farms
• Join a local cooking class
• Soak up the sun on An Bang beach
• Take a sunset boat on Thu Bon river
• Watch a water puppet show
3. Mui Ne is the ideal place for families of either water sports enthusiasts or more relaxed beach-goers.
With great white-crested waves and strong wind, Mui Ne is heaven for those teenagers and kids who are into surfing or kite surfing, while younger siblings can watch from a safe distance on the dry and sun-drenched land. In fact, Mui Ne’s unique microclimate makes it receive less rainfall than the surrounding areas, which means more sun time, and more fun time!
If you are on your family vacation, there is a plenty of family-friendly resorts and restaurants in the town to explore. Besides beach time, there are other fascinating things to do to make the most of your time in Mui Ne. Po Shanu Cham Towers is a cultural highlight in town. While not as impressive as My Son Sanctuary in Quang Nam or Po Nagar in Nha Trang, the attraction provides quick opportunity to gaze at small remnants of Champa Empire.
Mui Ne’s sand dunes, one red one white, are another interesting phenomenon of the region created by strong wind rushing from and to the ocean. Spending an afternoon doing a sunset jeep tour in either the sand dune should be included in your family’s bucket list in Mui Ne.
List of things to do with kids Mui Ne:
• Soak up the sun or (learn to) kite surf on the beach
• Visit the Po Shanu Towers
• Chase down the Fairy Streams
• Visit Mui Ne fishing village
• Go for a jeep tour on the sand dunes
4. Nha Trang - Another coastal city that your kids will definitely fall in love with.
Famous for its azure beaches and recreational complexes, Nha Trang has become popular choice for a hassle-free family vacation. One of the city’s top attractions is Vinpearl Land Nha Trang - a undoubtedly perfect location for parents and kids who seek the solace by the sea and at the same time the ease accessibility to the thrilling urban life.
Just a cable car ride away from the city center, Vinpearl Land is the vibrant island with the giant theme park, entertainment centers, massive shopping malls, and beautiful beach that will keep your family busy all day. The gentle currents makes it perfect for swimming and safe for kids, and the sand is one of the most softest that you will ever find in Vietnam.
List of things to do with kids in Nha Trang
• Hit Vinpearl Water/Amusement Park for a full day of fun
• Visit the National Oceanographic Museum
• Go mud bathing
• Go snorkeling or scuba diving to explore some of Vietnam’s most beautiful coral reef.
• Play and relax on the beach
5. Phu Quoc - an islolated island with spectacular pristine beaches and marvelous on-land and marine biodiversity in Vietnam
Phu Quoc, 1-hour flight from the bustling Ho Chi Minh City, is worldwidely known as one of the most beautiful islands of Vietnam with spectacular pristine beaches and marvelous on-land and marine biodiversity. Located in the west coast of Phu Quoc is the serene sandy Ong Lang Beach a quiet and peaceful corner that is ideal for family vacation while rapid development of the island is on the way.
Spending the day under the tropical sun with your kids soaking in the crystal clear water or lying comfortably on the sand, is the idea of bliss that this beach has to offer. Phu Quoc with impressive biodiversity, is also an ideal place for you to discover the nature with your kids.
Pay a visit to Vinpearl Safari where wild animals are well preserved or if you prefer something more authentic, you might want to take your kids to Phu Quoc National Park - the home to more than 530 plant species, 50 species of animals, and 365 bird species including the great number of rare species listed in Vietnam Red Book.
List of things to do with kids in Phu Quoc:
• Admire Phu Quoc’s nature and wildelife with day visit to Vinpearl Safari Park or Phu Quoc National Park
• Soak in beautiful beaches
• Have a full day of fun at Vinpearl Phu Quoc
• Go for snorkeling tour at some of Vietnam’s most beautiful coral reef
• Join sunset squid fishing
Threeland Travel offers various beach vacation at different places in your Vietnam tour packages for family that will help you make the most of your family’s “sun-sea-sand” time in Vietnam. Book your favorite Vietnam beach holidays or if you fancy some thing more tailor-made that fits your family’s preferencepreference, email us right away at firstname.lastname@example.org and our travel guru will turn any inquiry of yours to the most authentic Vietnam Family Vacation.
It's not all about a Majestic Vietnam. There are some less-touristy attractions/activities in Vietnam but being highly recommended by the locals which will undoubtedly amaze you.
- Summer Travel Tips in Vietnam – Where to go And What to pack
- Playing & Laughing with children in the Mid-autumn
- 5 Useful Tips When Designing a Private Tour Package in Vietnam
- What to experience in your Food Tours to Vietnam
- Sun, Sea, Sand - Best beaches for your Vietnam Holiday