Posted By : Threeland Travel / Visa, Flight To Vietnam & Indochina
Amongst usual Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam sojourn that most travelers go on, Myanmar is now a rising star in Southeast Asia for those who love stunning pagodas, diverse local cultures, and rustic thrilling sceneries. In this article, Threeland Travel will cover exactly how to get a tourist visa for Myanmar with a new important update of Myanmar Visa On Arrival.
1. How to Get a Tourist Visa
Opt 1 (Old fashioned way): Visiting a Burmese embassy or mailing your passport, visa application, and money order to an embassy for processing.
Opt 2 (Visa on arrival): A visa on arrival was obtainable a few years ago, but for now, the Burmese government seemed to have taken this away except for a few nationalities. You are allowed to enter and get a visa on arrival and travel freely within the country if you are from Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Philippines, Thailand, or Vietnam.
Good news for Italian, Spanish, Australian, Swiss, German and Russian Tourists: Starting from 1st October 2019, with ordinary passport, they are able to get a Myanmar visa on arrival at Yangon International Airport, Mandalay International Airport and Nay Pyi Taw International Airport for one year. Therefore, if you are planning Myanmar tours 2019-2020 and you are Italian, Spanish, Australian, Swiss, German or Russian, check out the required terms and conditions for visa on arrival below:
• A valid ordinary passport not expiring for at least 6 months from the date you enter into Myanmar
• Two recent (4 cm x 6 cm) color photos taken within the past six months
• Email address, detailed information about your accommodation in Myanmar.
• Visa, Master, or JCB credit card for the payment
• It is able to obtain the application form either from the airlines in Myanmar or the website www.mip.gov.mm of the Ministry of Immigration and Population
• Each person will be charged USD 50 and is allowed to stay for a maximum of 30 days.
• Tourist Visa will be granted to tourists who are in Myanmar for the sole purpose of visiting.
• Tourists are not allowed to extend their visa.
• Additionally, tourists are required to abide by the decision of the On Arrival Visa Scrutiny and Issuing Team
Opt 3 (E-visa): Currently, passengers with eVisa are only permitted to enter via following ports:
• Yangon International Airport
• Mandalay International Airport
• Nay Pyi Taw International Airport
• Tachileik Land Border Checkpoint
• Myawaddy Land Border Checkpoint
• Kawthaung Land Border Checkpoint
• Tamu Land Border Checkpoint
• Rih Khaw Dar Land Border Checkpoint
Bear in mind that DON’T apply for eVisa too early due to the validity of the eVisa approval letter is 90 days from the issued date. If it is expired, your entry will be denied. The Myanmar visa allows you 28 days of travel inside Myanmar after the date of entry, plus the chance to extend for another 14 at a cost of US$3 per day (plus a one-off $3 administration fee), giving you a total of 42 days. Travelers from Brunei, Laos, Cambodia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, and the Philippines can enter into Myanmar visa exempt for up to 14 days.
2. Procedures to apply a Myanmar eVisa:
• Completed visa application form (obtainable at https://evisa.moip.gov.mm)
• Completed work history form (the form is also on https://evisa.moip.gov.mm)
• A copy of your flight itinerary or a letter from your tour operator
• Money order or cashier's check (no cash or personal checks)
• Your passport (valid for at least 6 months after entry)
• One prepaid, self-addressed FedEx, UPS, or USPS return envelope (postage and tracking are your responsibility)
• Two recent, color photographs of your face taken against a white background. Photos must be standard size (4cmx6cm). No photocopied photographs.
It takes about 3 working days to process your application. After processing, you'll receive a visa approval letter that needs to be printed to present an immigration officer upon arrival. Make sure that your information is entered correctly and that your photo meets the specification due to the visa application fee is non-refundable.
The applicant should complete individual personal data whether passenger is FIT or GIT.
To the duration of visa validity, you can only use single entry. Do not allow to enter again.
List of countries are granted Myanmar eVisa:
21. Costa Rica
22. Côte d’Ivoire
52. Korea (DPR)
53. Korea (Republic)
70. New Zeland
81. Saudi Arabia
86. South Africa
88. Sri Lanka
95. United Kingdom
96. United States of America
Notice: All the information in this article is updated in June 2019. Please contact Threeland’s travel consultants for our support and accurate updates on Myanmar tourist visa.