10 days expedition in Hanoi and Saigon
Posted By : Threeland Travel / Vietnam Travel Guide
From Hanoi city - Capital of a thousand year of civilization with ancient relics to a high - octane city of commerce Sai Gon, a Vietnam Tour Package offers you the best experience in every destination.
When it comes to the 2 largest cities in Vietnam, there are thousands of must-see spots as well as top exciting things to discover. While Hanoi is an important transaction center of the whole country and famous for pristine temples, Ho Chi Minh attracts travellers thanks to its modernity and superb cuisine. A 10-day expedition touching all of the distinctive features of Ha Noi and Ho Chi Minh City is definitely all you want to look for on your Vietnam Tours today.
Follow Threeland to explore the top best things to do in bustling Ha Noi and Ho Chi Minh city in the most authentic way!
1. Ha Noi – Ha Long Bay :
For first-time travelers in Ha Noi, Hanoi City Tour should be put on your top list. A 2 – day city tour around Ha Noi to visit a wide range of cultural tourist attractions will not let you down.
Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, the final resting place of Ho Chi Minh - the very first President of Vietnam, is one of the most visited attractions in Ha Noi. The construction of the mausoleum started in 1973 and its design was modeled on Lenin's mausoleum in Russia.
In Ho Chi Minh Complex, you can pay a visit to other historical sites which were built to commemorate Uncle Ho's dedication such as Ho Chi Minh Museum, Ba Dinh Square, Presidential Palace, Ho Chi Minh's Stilt House and One - Pillar Pagoda.
Travel tips when visiting Ho Chi Minh Complex :
If your purpose is to visit Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, you should consider the opening hour in this place. The Mausoleum opens in all mornings except from Monday and Friday, from 8.am to 11.am in cold season and from 7.30 am to 10.30 am in hot season. During some peak seasons, you had better come 1-2 hour earlier to line up.
Costumes: Costumes must be polite and serious.
Behavior, attitude: Civilized, polite, quiet and lined up in order.
Do not take pictures, record in prohibited areas, especially the area inside the mausoleum.
Make luggage according to regulations and arrangements of Ho Chi Minh’s steering committee.
Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum is open free for everyone to visit. However, foreign tourists have to pay 40,000 VND to visit Ho Chi Minh’s Residence.
Temple of Literature – The first national university in Vietnam : Built in 1070 under Ly Thanh Tong dynasty, The Temple of Literature is originally a place to honor Confucius. Shortly after, it became a prestigious school only for members of the royal family and elite members and then later, opened for all talented students in the whole country. The building is extremely well - preserved and is a superb example of traditional-style Vietnamese architecture. Visiting this cultural site, you will learn more about Vietnam's education system in the ancient time and discover historic buildings from the Ly and Tran dynasties in such a prestigious university.
Hoa Lo Prison – The Hanoi Hilton : The name Hoa Lo originated from the street name "Hoa Lo '', which was used to be the concentration of stores selling wood stoves and coal-fire stoves. The prison was built in Hanoi by the French administration to hold Vietnamese prisoners, particularly political campaigners agitating for independence. Due to the brutal torture and solitary confinement, American prisoners gave the jail its nickname ‘Hanoi Hilton’.
Hoa Lo Prison today portrays the heinous treatment that former inmates had to suffer in the French Colonial period. This tourist attraction is an excellent suggestion for visitors who love exploring Vietnam war history.
Opening Hours: open daily from 08:00 until 17:00 and closed from lunch from 11:30 until 13:30
Entrance fee: 30,000vnd (~$1.5)
Ha Noi Old Quarter : When foreign visitors were asked about their favorite spot in Ha Noi, the capital of Vietnam, "Ha Noi Old Quarter" was the answer we received the most.
The mixture of the modernization and the old charm of a thousand-year town makes Ha Noi Old Quarter the “ best hub’’ for multiple diversified day tours. Strolling around exciting guilds-streets, you will have a surprised look at the rapid development on a rich cultural background that reminisces the old memories.
Hanoi Old Quarter is now possessing available hotels from basic to world-class ranked, good restaurants with top diverse cuisines including both incredibly delicious traditional foods and Western foods. Visitors can pick out a suitable hotel and seek for unique experiences in Hanoi.
5 best things to do in Hanoi Old Quarter :
- Getting away from the busy city streets by walking around Hoan Kiem Lake.
- Visiting The heritage House - a traditional type of house representing the characteristic of ancient Hanoián lifestyle. The house is located at 87 Ma May and opens regularly for tourists, the entrance ticket price is 10,000 VND.
- In the heart of Ha Noi, Bach Ma Temple is one of the oldest temples in Ha Noi. Entering the temple, you can witness the beautiful decorated interior of an architectural work during Chinese Colonial period and approach to the spiritual beliefs of Hanoians.
The entrance fee is free.
Opening Hours: 07:00-17:00
Location: 76 Hang Buom Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi.
- Enjoying Hanoi Old Quarter Night Market opened from 18 to 23h every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The trading products are varied from clothes to handicrafts and souvenirs. You should bargain to get them at reasonable prices.
- On every Saturday evening, at the two ends of the Walking street around Hoan Kiem Lake, there are some traditional performances and cultural exchanges such as " Cheo", Quan Ho, Ca Tru, which are fascinating for foreign tourists.
What to eat in Ha Noi Old Quarter?
Playing an essential part of any tourism, the cuisine is what every traveler wants to explore whenever you step into a new land. And in Hanoi, Vietnam, there are a wide variety of unique dishes you should try at least one time when you have enough time :
Bun Cha – a local speciality : For the best Bun Cha, you should try :
74 Hang Quat : from 25.000 VND to 40.000 VND/ a bowl
Bun cha Huong Lien : 24 Le Van Huu Street, Hai Ba Trung District : from 40.000 VND to 60.000 VND / a bowl
Pho : 10 Lý Quốc Sư : from 55.000 VND to 80.000 VND / a bowl
Bun Bo Nam Bo ( Beef Noodle Salad ) : 67 Hang Dieu : 60.000 VND/ a bowl
Banh mi ( Bread ) : 25 Hang Ca : from 15.000 VND to 25.000 VND / 1 bread.
Banh cuon ( Vietnamese steamed rice roll ) : 12-14 Hang Ga : from 35.000 VND to 45.000 VND / a dish
Egg coffee : A very special coffee just be found in Hanoi:
Giang Café : 39 Nguyen Huu Huan Street : 25.000VND/ a cup of coffee
Dinh Café : 13 Dinh Tien Hoang Street : 20.000VND/ a cup of coffee
HA LONG BAY
A comfortable 3 - hour drive from Hanoi will lead visitors to a beautiful natural wonder in northern Vietnam, a World Heritage Site designated by UNESCO - Ha Long Bay.
A well -organized tour lasts 2 day - 1 night " A glance of Ha Long Bay " offered by Threeland covers most of the attractions in Halong Bay, which will gratify you by the surrealistic scenery on the stunning emerald waters.
Staying on a cruise is such an enjoyable way to discover this amazing tourist attraction. Embark on board through spectacular scenery of the river, pristine and sunny beaches and enjoy fantastic outdoor activities including kayaking, swimming. You can also paddle through floating villages and discover the magnificent beauty of this “Descending-dragon” bay on your own way.
2. HO CHI MINH CITY :
Ho Chi Minh City, often favorably called Saigon, is the most dynamic and chaotic city in Vietnam. This is a popular tourist spot for travellers who love discovering fascinating culture as well as numerous cuisines with a cheap price.
Strolling around every corner of Ho Chi Minh City at night, you will be overwhelmed by the very different things. Downtown in District 1, where you can enjoy a modern lifestyle at rooftop bars, trendy restaurants and sleek skyscrapers. From these high buildings, you can have a panoramic view of the charming beauty of Saigon under the sparkling lights. For a cheaper way to explore Ho Chi Minh nightlife, drinking beer on the sidewalks and chatting to friends the night away is also a unique experience.
If you have no idea what to do in Ho Chi Minh City, check out a 5 – day southern Vietnam tour offered by Threeland : This tour begins from Ho Chi Minh City with vibrant urban energy to Mekong boat trip to enjoy local daily life in authentic style.
- Reunification Palace, the witness of the fierce Vietnam War ended in 1975. It is not only the symbol of Vietnam national independence, but also a special relic for its architectural and historical values. It is now a museum where you can visit to learn more about the Vietnam War.
- Nearby the Palace are the colonial-styled Central Post Office, one of the city’s major landmarks. This is the largest post office in Vietnam and a special tourist destination for foreign visitors. Built between 1886 and 1891 by renowned architect Gustave Eiffel, the building with arched windows and wooden shutters reminds us of the first train stations in Europe.
- Have a walking tour on Nguyen Hue walking street to take the photos of the Opera House and the Ho Chi Minh Committee (outside)
- Ben Thanh Market - one of the most typical symbols of Saigon where you can experience the daily life of the locals and shop for the hand-made goods there.
- Cu Chi Tunnels is now one of the most iconic attractions in Ho Chi Minh City. It is beneath the ground lie 200 km of tunnels with living areas, kitchens, storage facilities, armoury, hospitals, and command centres, visitors can see firsthand the underground life of Vietnamese soldiers during the period of resistance. To this day, it remains one of the most impressive examples of how fierce the war used to be.
Opening Hours: Daily 07:00 - 17:00
Location: 45km northwest of Ho Chi Minh City
- Mekong Delta, home to unique ecosystems and diverse culture which is unlike any other region in Vietnam. Here you can explore incredible landscapes and an amazing variety of fruits, flowers on floating markets. Embarking on your private boat along the maze of waterways and canals, from the quiet towns of My Tho to the waterlogged landscapes of Chau Doc and stop at the poetic beauty under shade of coconut trees of Can Tho, there is plenty to keep you surprised in the Mekong Delta.
- Cai Rang Floating Market : Cai Rang Floating Market, a famous spot to explore the uniqueness and bustle of an on-the-water trading form. In the middle of such a bustling market, you can still immerse yourself in the rustic lifestyle of local people and savor the peaceful scene in Mekong Delta. This is also a place where the locals exchange a wide range of products harvested from the farms with reasonable price such as durian, milk fruit, rambutan, mangosteen, grapefruit, etc., or even other processed specialties and foods.
What to eat in Ho Chi Minh city?
Various delicious dishes are catered at any time in Sai Gon. For some specialities, check these out :
Com tam : (Broken Rice) : 20.000 / a bowl.
Banh Xeo ( Crispy Pancake )
Pho ( Noodle ) : between VND 20.000 and VND 30.000 / a bowl
Hu Tieu (Rice Noodles) : between VND 18.000 and VND 25.000 / a bowl
Bun Thit Nuong (Vermicelli Noodles with Grilled Pork) : between VND 30.000 and VND 50.000 / a bowl
Top 5 nightlife activities in Ho Chi Minh City :
Get a Cocktail at a Rooftop Bar : District 1 is full of bars on the top floor that serve cocktails such as Chill Sky Bar, Pandora Sky Lounge, M Bar at Hotel Majestic Saigon, Level 23 Wine Bar, Sky Garden.
Have Fresh Beer on Pham Ngu Lao and Bui Vien Street with your friends.
Going shopping at Ben Thanh Night Market : The night market opens from 19:00 until 24:00 on Phan Boi Chau Street. In the market, you can purchase everything from street foods to all kinds of Vietnam souvenirs such as clothes, footwear, accessories, jewelry, crafts.
Check out a Vietnamese Night Club : There are some best nightclubs for visitors to have party the night away : Lush Nightclub, Apocalypse Now, Republic Club Ho Chi Minh. Most nightclubs stay open until 2:00 AM or even 04:00 AM, making it a great place to chill out with a few drinks.
Having dinner on a Cruise down the Saigon River : For a romantic night with your beloved one, having dinner aboard the Cruise is an immensely enjoyable experience. The comfort atmosphere and entertaining activities on cruise will help you get away to the bustle of the crowded city as well as admire the breathtaking beauty of Ho Chi Minh City at night.
Do not hesitate to contact Threeland for any other requests or inquiries. We are always willing to help and offer you the best deals. Meet your best local friend at Threeland.com or via email firstname.lastname@example.org or What’s App: +84342620068 or call +842439262056.