Vietnam-5 provinces are welcoming international visitors in this November 2021
Posted By : Threeland Travel / Travel Alert ( Top News )
Vietnam opens for international arrivals in 3 phases
Phu Quoc, Khanh Hoa ( home to Nha Trang bay), Quang Nam ( home to Hoi An ancient town), Da Nang and Quang Ninh ( home to the Unesco site Halong bay) have been approved by the Government to welcome international travellers in this November.
On November 2, the Deputy Prime Minister Pham Binh Minh has made a decision to pilot some designated provinces to welcome international travellers, according to the proposal of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
Go along with this decision, Vietnam opens for international arrivals in 3 phases:
- Phase 1 (from November), Vietnam welcomes foreigners from charter packages by comercial and international charter flights in selected areas. The tourist service centers are established in Phu Quoc (Kien Giang province), Khanh Hoa, Quang Nam, Da Nang, Quang Ninh.
- Phase 2 (from January 2022), Vietnam expands and open international travelling to 5 provinces mentioned above. Travellers can visit attractions in those provinces after the first 7 days in arrival province.
- Phase 3: Vietnam will fully open to international travellers based on the results of the previous two phases above.
According to the temporary guidance of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, international travellers who are in the pilot program should follow requirements:
1. Certificate of full dose of Covid-19 vaccine or Covid-19 recovery status.
2. Have negative results by RT-PCR in 72 hours; the loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP) or the real-time polymerase chain reaction (RT – PCR) methods are accepted.
3. Have medical or travel insurance including coverage for Covid - 19 treatment with a minimum of 50,000 USD and join a package tour.
4. Children under 12 years must travel with a parent and not to be required a vaccination certificate.
Besides, all travellers also have to undertake some measures on arrival such as temperature check, install the IGOVN application built by the Ministry of Public Security and use it during their stay in Vietnam. On the first day of entry, travellers stay at chosen accomodation and self-tested by rapid test kit to participate the tour on the next day if the results are negative. If the test shows positive, they will be taken to a medical facility and the cost will be covered by the insurance company or tour opertors as representatives for travellers.
In the first 7 days, travellers must adhere to the schedule, ensure 5K and recommend self-testing every 2-3 days. During the process, if they have one of those symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, etc., it is necessary to notify medical staff for screening tests. At the end of 7 days, those who continue to stay in Vietnam must self-test for Covid-19, if the results are negative, they will be allowed to go to other provinces.
Due to travel restrictions in this pandemic, Vietnam welcomed just 3.83 million foreign travellers last year against a record 18 million in 2019, declined 79% in 2020 according to official data.
4 conditions for international visitors to come to Vietnam
On November 5, the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism issued temporary guidance on piloting international arrivals to Vietnam, divided into 3 phases. International tourists or foreign residents participating in the pilot program need to meet 4 conditions.
According to the latest guidelines, international visitors to Vietnam are fully vacinated, negative PCR test result, go on a package tour and have travel insurance in details below:
- First, visitors must have a certificate of full dose of Covid-19 vaccine, recognized by a competent authority in Vietnam (not applicable to children under 12 years old). In which, the time for injection dose 2 has passed 14 days and not more than 12 months by the time of departure. Travelers recovering from Covid-19 need a confirmation from doctor with a hospital discharge time of no more than 6 months by the time of departure.
- Second, visitors must have a negative nCoV test result by RT PCR/RT-LAMP method within 72 hours before departure. The certificate is certified by the competent authority in the country where the test is performed.
- Third, visitors need to have health insurance, including content to pay for Covid-19 treatment with a minimum of 50,000 USD.
- Finally, participants must follow the tour package by the tour operator.
During their arrival in Vietnam, visitors will be tested on the first and seventh day (for travelers over 7 days). Additionally, all international travellers are recommended to self-test every 2-3 days with a rapid test kit.
Other related articles: