Posted By : Threeland Travel / Vietnam Travel Guide
Whatever the personality you are, or whether you are on a budget or willing to spend as you please, Vietnam at night has got you covered for a plethora of options from night parties to romatic dinner on cruise.
See Part 1 of “Top 6 fascinating nightlife in Vietnam for the night owls”
4. Halong bay nightlife
Overnight cruise on Halong Bay has become a world-famous activity that captivates many travelers to Vietnam. However, Halong bay at night has more than just floating on the junk. There are some different ways to chill out when the sun has set in Halong bay.
- Have a bird’s eye view of the bay at night from the Sun Wheel: Sun Wheel in Halong is one of the two biggest and highest wheels in Vietnam, the other is Sun Wheel in Da Nang. With an altitude of 215m, the Wheel offers you a magnificent view of Halong Bay, Cua Luc River, Bai Chay bridge.
Location: 9 Halong Street, Bai Chay Ward, Halong City, Quang Ninh
Mon – Fri: 14:00 pm - 22:00 am
Sat – Sun: 09:00 am - 22:00 am
(Photo 1: Sun Wheel Halong bay)
- Night market in Halong: The night market in the town of Bai Chay includes open air stalls that sell a wide range of traditional Vietnamese souvenirs like handicrafts, backpacks, hats, lacquerware, chopsticks, trinkets, clothes etc. Ha Long night market opens from 6pm until midnight. Feel free to haggle with the vendors, that’s common in Vietnam.
Halong night market
- Bai Chay Bridge: Connecting Hon Gai district and Bai Chay district separated by Cua Luc river, the bridge is the pride of people in Halong as it is recorded as the first cable-stayed bridge in Vietnam built with leading modern construction architecture at that time. At night Bai Chay bridge looks splendid, 2 options for you:
• Find a café house/a restaurant has a view of the bridge, you can enjoy your drink/meal whilst contemplating the bridge.
• Or you may drop on Bai Chay bridge and free your soul with the breeze and the sound of Halong nightlife. Please note: be careful with the traffic on the bridge.
Bai Chay Bridge at night
- Casino at Royal International Gaming Club: With a vision of becoming the 3rd largest casino resort in Asia behind Macau and Resorts World Genting, the casino has a 9,200 square foot casino with 4 floors featuring 70 slots and 18 table games. The first floor is a gambling hall only opening on weekends while slot halls on other floors open 24 hours every day. The casino offers famous and popular games for tourists such as baccarat, blackjack, roulette, sic bo, poker, and so on.
Location: No 1, Bai Chay beach, Halong, Vietnam
(Photo 4: Casino Halong
5. Thrilling nightlife in Da Nang
For thrill-seekers, Da Nang is worth to pay a visit. Being crowned the most “worth-living” city in Vietnam, Da Nang city life is full of energy both day and night. Danang nightlife is vibrant, which offers a selection of exciting things to do:
- A paradise of bars, pubs, and clubs: From fancy rooftop bars (Sky36 bar) to friendly local bars (Golden Pine Club) or lively nightclubs (New Phuong Dong club), Danang has it all. These are notable places to feel the beat of Da Nang life and have a panoramic view of the whole city, the Dragon Bridge, as well as the Marble mountain ranges in the distance. These places are mostly active till 2am.
(Photo 5: Sky 36 Bar in Da Nang
- Han River night cruise: Once you are in Da Nang, don’t miss the river cruise in the evening along the Han River. It would be a spectacular moment as viewing the whole city lights up at night whilst floating on the Han River. Cruising by night gives you the privilege to see Da Nang’s famous bridges, especially at the weekend, you’ll see the Dragon Bridge emit fire and water. And more, you can get a taste of Vietnamese culture as the cruise includes a traditional Vietnamese dance performance.
Han river night cruise in Da Nang
- Hat Tuong – Vietnamese classical opera: Hat Tuong show is filled with cultural traditions of Vietnam, especially Quang Nam – Danang region. This traditional art performance gives you a glimpse of local culture through a well-organized program mixed with classic acts and typical make-up arts of Tuong, as well as bring back the festive holiday atmosphere of the countryside in the old days or inspire with the Vietnamese folk songs.
• Location: 155 Phan Chau Trinh Street, Hai Chau District, Danang
• Opening hours: 7:30 pm every Wednesday and Saturday
Hat tuong performance in Da Nang
- Night markets in Da Nang: It would be a miss not metioning night markets in top must-things to do in Da Nang at night. At the night markets, you can mingle in the vibrant ambiance with various local games, shopping and local cuisines of gorgeous Central Vietnam. Good places to participate in local life. There are some night markets in Da Nang as below, they are all free entry:
• Helio night market: at 2/9 street, Hai Chau, Danang. Opening time: 17 – 22h30 every day.
• Son Tra night market: at Ly Nam De street, Da Nang. Opening time: 18 – 24h every day.
• Thanh Khe Tay night market: at Yen Khe 1 Street, Thanh Khe District, Danang. Opening time: 18 – 24h every day.
• Le Duan night market: at 144 Le Duan, Thach Thang Ward, Hai Chau district, Danang. Opening time: 19 – 23h every day.
• Hoa Khanh night market: at Nguyen Canh Chan, Da Nang. Opening time: 18 – 23h every day.
Da Nang night markets
6. A coastal nightlife at Nha Trang
Like the harmony of land, sky, and sea, this most beatiful coastal city in Vietnam is an notable destination attract a numerous of travelers. The nightlife in Nha Trang is really lively:
- Nha Trang night market: There are many stalls selling diverse things including food, souvenirs, bags, jewelry, clothes, handicrafts… Overcharging are quite common here, so you should ask the price carefully and make a bargain as you wish.
Nha Trang night market
- Night squid fishing: To experience this activity, you should visit Nha Trang between late May and the following February once adult squid can be found in almost all waters of the Nha Trang Bay. Many Nha Trang night tours offer squid fishing with BBQ dinner on a boat, which captivates a myriad of tourists.
Ask for a night tour in Nha Trang with Threeland here
Squid fishing in Nha Trang
- Nha Trang water puppet theatre: Organized in Tran Phu Cultural House, from 4 pm to 8:45 pm, The Nha Trang Water Puppet performance recreate the life of Vietnamese farmers through colorful puppets, traditional tunes and light shows, including fishing, frog-catching, kids’ games, and rice-planting.
Water puppet show in Nha Trang
Which place do you opt for experience the nightlife in Vietnam? Contact Threeland Travel at email@example.com to get free support from our responsive team for your thrilling Vietnam trip.